Monday 17 September 2012

Honesty is not dead!

I’ve just received an email from a German magazine called "Die Gemeinde", a monthly journal of German Baptists, which is published every 14 day to about 5500 people.

The email sender wrote that they wanted to use my Bible Cartoon (Matthew 13:45-46 - Kingdom of heaven like a pearl) to illustrate a bible story for children in the magazine... so far so good! Unfortunately they hadn’t read the copyright information I publish on the BC website, & they paid the "normal" price of £2 (GBP).

What was remarkable was the fact that the email was alerting me to this fact, & apologising - how brilliant was that! And wonderfully honest too!

I replied immediately, thanking the magazine emailer for his honesty. I explained that I would normally negotiate a price depending on the circulation of the magazine. I suggested the magazine could include the credit “Cartoon artwork supplied by Martin Young - www.biblecartoons.co.uk” which would make me happy & help to promote BC in Germany!

I think it is wonderfully uplifting that there are still people operating in this world who are honest.  As I wrote to the magazine emailer, “Thank you once again for your honesty, it really does make me glad & I’m sure that the Lord will honour & bless you for it.” I certainly pray that He will. Examples of this kind of upright & honest behaviour in business & life need to be applauded whenever we come across them, don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment