Wednesday 7 November 2012

Wise men giving gifts - 3 variations

Here’s my latest Bible Cartoon offerings, 3 variations on the same scene.
The scene is part of my on-going series depicting the events of the Nativity, as told in Matthew’s gospel. This particular scene shows the wise men (were there 3?!) bringing their gifts of gold, frankincense & myrrh to the infant Jesus.

I produced 3 different versions almost by accident! I was playing about with different coloured layers in PhotoPAINT x4, which is the drawing/painting program I use to digitally paint these cartoon illustrations. I realised how different the same scene looks with different amounts of blue, shadow & highlight in each version. I couldn’t decide which ought to be the definitive version, so I decided to upload all 3... that way you can decide which one(s) you like!

Do send me an email & let me know which one(s) are your favourites, won’t you?!

Matthew 02 - The Nativity - Scene 09 - Gifts (Colour version)



Matthew 02 - The Nativity - Scene 09 - Gifts (Starlight version)
 


Matthew 02 - The Nativity - Scene 09 - Gifts (Blue version)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment