Friday 24 August 2012

Holiday, coast paths & roaming freedom

My wife & I spent a very enjoyable week’s holiday with her parents in Cornwall. We stayed in a cottage overlooking Portmellon & Mevagissey, which is a very pretty part of the county. The cottage had a large lounge, with wide sliding doors leading out onto a patio, which overlooked the sea. The owners even supplied a small telescope which brought the coastline, sea & small fishing boats closer for our inspection!

We were really blessed by God regarding the weather - it was sunny, but not too hot, which allowed us to make good progress on our walks, & it rained at night - very considerate!
My wife cooked some yummy food, as per usual. After a long, tiring walk it was great to have a lovely meal to look forward too! We also had access to an indoor swimming pool next door, which we used every evening.

We walked the local coastline on several days, which was wonderful, dramatic & ever-changing. I took some photo's of wonderful winding coast paths which we walked in the sunshine. I love pathways, especially coast paths. They could lead anywhere - very evocative of roaming freedom. They make me want to see what’s just around the corner, or over the next hill! Maybe I need to introduce some winding pathways into my Bible Cartoons!? What do you think?

I feel well rested now, & ready to return to work.

View from our cottage over Portmellon, Cornwall - very inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment